School Ethos and Mission Statement
We, Lakefield Church of England Primary School, seek to provide a caring and safe environment where everyone is encouraged to work towards their full potential. We value the individual and promote whole person development. This reflects our Christian foundation and our respect for and understanding of all other faiths, beliefs and cultures as well as those who do not believe in a faith.
The school seeks to
- Promote strong links between home, school and parish within the whole community
- Promote attitudes of mutual respect, responsibility and care to all its members
- Encourage all pupils to develop to their full potential
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum within an attractive, welcoming and stimulating environment
- Foster in the children a sense of self esteem and develop the ability to function as contributing members of society
- Manage all its resources effectively and efficiently to provide an education of the highest quality for all its pupils.
- Ensure that Every Child Matters
The school has collective worship as a valued part of its daily life
The school welcomes all children from our communities equally, without prejudice or discrimination.
Equality of Opportunity
It is our intention that all members of the school community receive their legal and moral entitlement to equality of opportunity irrespective of their age, creed, gender, ethnic origin, physical or intellectual status. It is further our intention to encourage and develop in all members of our school community the values of respect, tolerance and understanding both for each other and for the greater community.
Education for Life
We are determined that our pupils leave Lakefield with a good, all round education; an excitement and motivation about learning; experiences in music, drama and the arts that are thrilling and awe-inspiring; the opportunity to take part in a wide range of collaborative and competitive sports, enjoy being active and know how and why to keep healthy; a confidence with modern technologies; an understanding of the diverse world in which we live and how everyone is different; and a high self-esteem, having discovered already many areas in which they can succeed and feel good about themselves and life. This is reflected in our own customised creative curriculum, our enrichment activities, our caring whole-school ethos, and the many achievements, awards and accolades given to the school.
Church School Status
Lakefield Church of England Primary School is a voluntary controlled Church of England School. This means that four of our governors are appointed by the diocese, and have a specific role in overseeing the unique church school character. Lakefield is proud of its church school status, and of its implicit and explicit teaching and recognition of Christian values.