An upgrade to the outside learning environment for the reception and KS1 classes.
The staff and children in reception, year 1 and year 2 have been looking at the learning area around their classrooms. Everyone decided that the outside learning area was in need of an upgrade.
We have recently:
- Removed the fencing on the side of the playground
- Installed new fencing around the pond area
- Installed new gates to make it easier for less mobile children
- Opened the planting areas up with a new fence and gate
- Enclosed the storage area and installing easier access
- Cleared the area to make a new investigation area
- Created mud kitchens (sorry parents!)
- Installed boards on the fencing which will be painted in bright colours (red, blue, yellow and green)
- Installed boards on the fencing so the children can use them as blackboards (to be painted)
- Installed a brand new fort, using cut cherry and hardwoods (recycled from school and new)
- Created an area with stepping stones (using the rounds from the cherry trees we have cut back)
- Created a stage area with a reduced slip surface
- Created a mud kitchen area
- Planted living willow screens by the choc box
- Installed willow fencing to soften the area by the choc box
- Installed a new covered/outside area for the reception class and we are looking into doing the same for year 1.